- Are aged between 18-30
- Have digital knowledge and skills to share with heritage organisations
- Are available for a volunteer placement of 40 hours (to take place flexibly between 19/09/22 and 18/11/22)
- Would be interested to attend six training sessions delivered by The Audience Agency
Volunteers will be matched with one of the heritage organisations who are members of Heritage Trust Network. Members of Heritage Trust Network come from across the UK and vary enormously in terms of size and experience. What they have in common is a desire to preserve built heritage and engage their local community with this heritage.
Placements will likely take place remotely, although we hope that our Heroes will attend at least one in-person meeting at their host organisation.
All volunteers will receive training co-designed by Heritage Trust Network and delivered by The Audience Agency. This is intended to give you the confidence to share your digital skills, and make change at the organisation you are matched with. Training sessions for this round are as follows:
- Digital Heroes Induction 11th August 6-8pm
- Making and Managing Good Heritage Websites 18th August 6-8pm
- Social Media for Heritage 25th August 6-8pm
- Inclusion in Heritage 1st September 6-8pm (tbc)
- Digital Accessibility for Heritage with EMBED 8th September 6-8pm
- Being a Digital Hero 15th September 6-8pm
What’s in it for me?
- You will gain experience working on exciting real-life projects in the heritage sector
- You will receive training co-designed and delivered by Audience Agency which aims to support you to become a digital changemaker
- You will become a part of the Heritage Trust Network community, helping to support the heritage sector
How do I get involved?
Apply to be a Digital Hero by completing the online application form by 5pm Friday 22nd July 2022.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to the Digital Heroes Induction on the 11th August. We will be in touch with those selected to take part in Digital Heroes by Wednesday 3rd August.
Please get in touch with Tessa Chynoweth, Project Manager, if you have any questions about taking part in the project. Tessa’s e-mail address is Tessa.email@example.com.