We are proud to announce that Heritage Trust Network has been awarded our first certificate confirming our commitment to becoming a disability confident employer.
Our Disability Confident Committed Level 1 Certificate shows that we are working to become more disability confident so that we can better attract, recruit, retain and develop disabled people in the workplace by:
- ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- holding at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
We aim to identify, understand and eliminate the barriers which may prevent people from working with us or benefitting from our services.
This is the first step in our journey as we work towards being fully disability confident but we are committed to having a workforce that reflects our ethos of equality and diversity.
Disability Confident is a government led scheme that aims to help organisations make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace.