To ensure full accessibility for all HTN members and as a strategy in case of further Covid-19 related lockdowns, our 2021 conference was delivered both online and in-person.
Our theme this year focussed on Recovery, Sustainability, Wellbeing. In some ways they appear to be separate topics, but at HTN we see them as intertwined elements that feature strongly in every heritage regeneration project. We brought together a range of speakers from a variety of disciplines to explore these areas with attendees. Take a look at our programme to see our brilliant speakers.
Day One included presentations from a variety of professionals and member case studies delivered online, along with some creative elements and an optional, informal networking hour. As with all online events, this proved a brilliant way to share knowledge from experts located all over the UK, with attendees located all over the UK! And we were delighted with the level of engagement. The presentation recordings were sent to all who booked to attend, and after three months these will be added to our digital Toolkit resource for all members to enjoy.
Days Two and Three were held in Coventry, the 2021 City of Culture, to celebrate the incredible work they have been doing to show the city at its very best – despite Covid-19 delays and setbacks! Day Two was primarily a day of interactive workshops delivered in the Draper’s Hall and Day Three was a mix of walking tours and building visits. We were delighted to be hosted by Historic Coventry Trust in their freshly renovated iconic venue and had a wonderful conference dinner in their newly opened training restaurant, Metropolis. HTN members, friends and sponsors were truly spoilt!
We have been delighted to receive extremely positive feedback from attendees, sponsors and speakers, take a look at some key points below:
- In total, 154 individuals attended over the three days, one of the highest rates we have had at an HTN Conference.
- 98% of respondents rated this year’s conference as Fabulous (44%) or Good (54%).
- 94% of respondents rated the content of the presentations, choice of speakers and workshop choices as Inspirational, motivational and meaningful (38%) or Useful, interesting and well-chosen (56%).
Selected quotes from Twitter:
- “#HTNConf21 was a triumph #lovecov”
- “#HTNConf21 was an eye opening experience – my first conference and a great insight into how the heritage industry operates”
- “A brilliant @HTNmembers conference. Two days of inspiration and learning for me. @HistCovTrust were brilliant hosts, so generous with their sharing”
Thanks again to our brilliant headline sponsors:
In order to progress towards our goal of becoming a carbon neutral organisation we have a small pot of funding to distribute to carbon offsetting projects run by our members, if you would like to apply for some of this funding, or if you’d like to be involved with our 2022 Conference in North Wales, please contact Sarah Pearce via firstname.lastname@example.org