HTN and Member Events
Are you currently dealing with rising costs and a lack of contractor availability due to Brexit and the pandemic?
We’re hearing that many of our members are experiencing these unexpected issues so we’ve brought together an expert panel of speakers to discuss this important and worrying topic:
- David Tittle – CEO, Heritage Trust Network
- Stephen Anderson – Director of Buttress Architects and Chair of Valley Heritage
- Eleanor Clarke – Partner, Focus Consultants
- Liz Bates – Head of Investment England Midlands and East, Heritage Lottery Fund
- Gordon Barr – Development Manager, Scotland, Architectural Heritage Fund
Could historic buildings save England’s High Streets?
Join us and our expert panelists to explore new uses of historic high street premises and the role of culture in their revival.
David Tittle – CEO of Heritage Trust Network
Owain Lloyd-James – Head of Places Strategy, Historic England
Carol Pyrah – Executive Director, Historic Coventry Trust
Joe Holyoak – Trustee, Moseley Baths
Diane Denver – Chair, Urban Rooms Network
Claire Appleby – Architecture Advisor, Theatres Trust
Not a week goes by without hearing about England’s declining High Streets. Has the time come to think beyond retail?
High Streets and town centres are mostly seen as retail sites, but many are now reimagining these as places for social connection, as well as providing livelihoods. This session will explore alternative models beyond retail, drawing on a rich set examples of heritage-led projects with a “high street” offer that have developed multi-purpose, mixed-use spaces. In particular it will showcase how community ownership and engagement can actively support varied yet financially sustainable offers from co-working spaces, food and drink sites to cultural & arts activities and beyond.
Join Stir to Action for a two-hour online workshop to find out more!
All restoration projects have an element of risk, from staff changes to wobbly chimneys.
Join HTN trustee David Trevis-Smith from DTS Solutions Ltd and Ben Leah from Hayes Parsons Insurance Brokers who will talk you through risk from a project management and insurance perspective using real life examples.
The Heritage Trust Network wants to help its members and the wider heritage sector to embrace the real communities around them, to bust myths and to help them overcome any fears of using the wrong terminology.
This event features case studies and lived experiences from our speakers who will be joining us from Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England.
- Norena Shopland – Author and historian
- Greg Pickup – CEO, Heritage Lincolnshire
- Alice Ullathorne – Heritage Strategy Officer, Nottingham City Council
- Eve Boyle – Communities Liaison Manager, Historic Environment Scotland
- Kristopher Reid – PhD Candidate, Ulster University
- Andrew White – Director of Wales, National Lottery Heritage Fund